What is public liability insurance and why do I need it?

In a world brimming with generic insurance options, we noticed a there wasn't a dedicated insurance provider truly attuned to the unique needs and aspirations of self-employed creatives.

Beyond just insurance, there was a need for a partner that could guide, support and empower the creative spirit. So, Mode Insurance was born!

I'm a freelancer. Do I need employers' liability insurance?

If you hire other freelancers, volunteers or any workers under your supervision, they may have employment rights against you.

Employers' liability insurance protects you against claims from employees related to injuries or illnesses sustained while working for you. It's also a legal requirement if you have employees.

Can I get insurance just for a single day or a specific event?

Yes, Mode Insurance offers short-term public liability insurance options that can cover you for as little as one day up to 180 days. This is ideal for one-off events or short-term projects.

What does equipment insurance cover?

Equipment insurance protects the gear vital to your profession, such as cameras, lighting setups or any technical equipment, against theft, damage or loss. It ensures that any disruptions to your work due to equipment issues are minimised.

I sell products as part of my creative business. What insurance do I need?

Product liability insurance is designed to protect your business against claims arising from damage or injury caused by a product you sell. Even if you weren't involved in the product's manufacture, you could still be held liable if someone is harmed by it.

How is the cost of public liability insurance determined?

The cost varies based on the risks associated with your job role, the environment you work in, the number of people around you and potential damages. Mode Insurance offers tailored quotes to ensure you get the right coverage for your needs.

What is professional indemnity insurance?

Professional indemnity insurance provides protection against claims of negligence, errors or omissions in the services you provide. It's essential for professionals who offer advice or services, as it protects against claims of misinformation or perceived errors.

I'm an influencer. Do I need insurance?

Yes, influencers can benefit from various insurance types, including public liability, professional indemnity and equipment insurance. These can protect against potential risks like brand collaboration disputes, equipment damage or claims arising from content or promotional services.

Can I customise the length of my insurance coverage with Mode Insurance?

Absolutely! At Mode Insurance, you can tailor your coverage duration, whether you need it for a day, a week, several months or annually. We offer flexibility to match your project's requirements.

How can I get a quote from Mode Insurance?

Simply visit our website and navigate to the "Get a Free Quote" section. Fill in the required details and our team will provide a tailored quote based on your needs.

Join Us On This Journey

Your craft deserves more than just protection; it deserves a partner that understands, supports and champions your vision. Let's embark on this creative journey together.